Terms & Conditions
For Counselling and Supervision Sessions, payment is made at the end of each session or paid in advance by cash, bank transfer or card payment. For training or consultancy, payment is made by invoice, with 30- day terms.
Cancellation and missed session policy
If you are unable to attend your counselling or supervision appointment, please let me know as soon as possible. The required notice for cancellation is 48 hours. Where there is less notice, or if you fail to attend your appointment, the full fee will be charged.
Confidentiality is an integral part of psychotherapy and is seen as essential to building the therapeutic relationship and ensuring the client’s sense of safety. The therapeutic process encourages the client to be as open and honest as possible and inevitably personal experiences and sensitive information is disclosed. It is vital therefore that the client can trust that everything discussed will remain completely confidential. All information will remain confidential unless both the client and therapist agree to discuss something with a third party. The only circumstance where confidentiality might be broken would be if there was a serious risk to the client’s life or if another person’s life was at risk; alternatively, in the rare instance where the therapist was liable to civil or criminal court proceedings if they did not disclose client information. If at all possible this would be discussed at length with the client beforehand and everything would be done to safeguard client confidentiality despite.
Handling of personal information
Professional Counselling Services holds all records securely and ensures the utmost confidentiality in the treatment of any information held about its clients. No information will be disclosed without the client’s written permission, except under certain rare legal circumstances (e.g. Child Protection). Professional Counselling Services subscribe to the National Counselling Society for Counsellors and Psychotherapists. Copies of these codes are available on request. I am fully insured for professional liability and maintain regular supervision for all client work undertaken. I comply with the Data Protection Act 1988.
The content of Professional Counselling Services website is intended for information only. Whilst utmost care has been taken in the writing the information presented on the website we cannot guarantee its usefulness or accuracy. I accept no responsibility for any decisions made and accept no liability for any loss or damage based on the information found on this website. Anyone using information offered on this website does so at their own risk and will be considered to have taken full liability and responsibility for any damage or injury arising from its use.
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Christine Mackenzie, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Christine Mackenzie and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Christine Mackenzie and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Christine Mackenzie, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission.
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Christine Mackenzie.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
5. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Christine Mackenzie or that of our affiliates.
6. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
7. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
9. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Christine Mackenzie makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Christine Mackenzie is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
10. Whilst Christine Mackenzie uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
11. Christine Mackenzie accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
12. Christine Mackenzie reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
14. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Christine Mackenzie accepts no liability for any of the following:
any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
16. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
17. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
19. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
20. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
21. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
22. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Christine Mackenzie details
23. Christine Mackenzie of Hillside, Old Vicarage Gardens, Lyme Regis, Dorset, DT7 3HS operates the website www.counsellingcm.com.
24. You can contact Christine Mackenzie by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).